Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Secret Santa

As I stepped outside to grab my shoes last week I found this hanging on my doorknob.


When I opened it up, I found an envelope with my name written across the front and a cute holiday card inside.


And then the best part of all...


A whole new set of socks!! Someone knows me well.

The card was simply signed, "From Someone Who Loves You".

Surprise socks? Even better. A big, huge thank you from my feet and I to the mystery sock-giver.

Now I just need to find a skirt or some elf-ish capris to really show off those stripey fur-topped holiday socks. You think I could pull it off?


Without the monkey pajamas, I mean.

To whoever you are, you mysterious bearer of fantastical footwear, thank you. You made my day - and you are awesome.



Want to read more? Well, alrighty! If you'd like to read about a Christmas tradition in my family, click over to 4P today.

10 comments:

Rebecca said...

Yes, you can pull off those socks with a skirt and some black flats. So cute! Do you have a party to attend? If not, I might have to come up with one.

Rebecca said...

When I said "pull off those socks," I didn't mean remove them. I meant to answer your question, "Do you think I could pull it off?"

Richard & Natalie said...

So stinking cool! Those stripped ones are THEE best. Secret Santa, if you are reading these comments, I would love to know where you got them. Anonymously, of course.

Anaise said...

What fun!

Rachel said...

Those stripey Santa ones are AWESOME! Happy day. I love secret Santa stuff!

Anonymous said...

@ Richard & Natalie - TARGET.

Cami said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cami said...

I am digging those striped ones with the fur. And Gerb, if anyone can pull off wearing them its YOU!

infertility goddess said...

I think those look like GREAT labor and delivery socks. You would make every nurse's day (or night).

Merry Christmas.
Jen

Sarah said...

I know that if anyone could pull of that stripey stocking wear it would be YOU!!!

Plus, you totally deserve it. : )