Friday, December 17, 2010

Picture This

(This picture might work... it is only a year old and somewhat festive.)


(I have also debated just sending this picture out because almost all of us are in it, it is current and mostly not blurry.)


It's official: I am a total Christmas card slacker this year.

I can't even blame it on the fact that we don't have a picture (although we don't) since our amazing picture-taking friend has mentioned more than once that he's ready and willing to do a photo shoot.

I had completely decided to bypass the whole tradition this year but the guilt (and inquiring children: When are we getting family pictures done, Mom?) is making me do it anyway.

I think I have come up with something of a solution.

I am going to call our amazing picture-taking friend and ask when (or, at this point: if?) he's available for a photo shoot.

I am not going to try to coordinate outfits. I am going to either:

a) tell each of the kids to wear whatever they want, including princess crowns, jedi robes, velvety elf pants and superman capes if they so desire

b) have everyone wear something resembling a sweater

or

c) just put winter coats and beanies on everyone (no hair to do! GENIUS!).

As for the letter, I am thinking of just inserting a little card with the photo which reads:

Our theme for this year was SIMPLIFY. It was awesome. Merry Christmas!

I'll let you know how it goes.

9 comments:

Rachel said...

Sounds fantastic to me!

Kara said...

Not a slacker, just different priorities. You have neighbor gifts ready. I can't seem to get that done. I had plans to do it early since we decided to make goodies and all the treats can be overwhelming at one time. So much for plans.

Richard & Natalie said...

Simplfying sounds awesome. It should be the theme of this season.

diane rene said...

sounds WONDERFUL! I say run with it!

Rebecca said...

There's a bit of irony for you. "This Christmas, as we anticipate the arrival of our TENTH child, we decided to SIMPLIFY."

Haha!

I like it.

P.S. I was going to comment on how well you hid your baby bump in that doorstep picture. If you hadn't told me it was last year, I wouldn't have known!

Gina said...

I need to adopt the simplify thing too. You are great!

Laurie said...

I'm stealing your theme, and if I hurry I'll beat you getting my cards out so if anybody gets one from both of us they will think you stole the idea from me. Genius!

Teachinfourth said...

I think that 'anticipating spring' cards are going to be SO in...

Sarah said...

I'm going with "Happy New Year" letter this year.....