Tuesday, April 8, 2014

You Are Awesome


Little O came up to me and showed me a stack of pictures he had created.  As I was looking through them he said, "I am a great artist!"  And it's true, he is.

When is it that we lose this confidence?  When do we go from "I am beautiful! I am smart! I am awesome!" to "Don't take my picture, I don't look good. I'm not good at that. I'm barely getting by."

Don't you listen to those voices that tell you you're not good enough. Every single person I know is awesome.  Even those I don't know. I'm serious! I don't have to know you to know that you are awesome.  Every person out there has a story and there is part of every person's story that reveals their awesomeness.

Be like a child again.  Remember who you are (you are awesome!) and own it.

  

6 comments:

Holmes said...

YOU are awesome! Sending a big hug with a strawberry on top your way! :)

Anaise said...

Yes, awesome! :)

Chelle! said...

I love this. May I borrow Little O to teach some people that they need to own their awesomeness. :)

Sandy Weber said...

Just have to comment here. I shared your blog with a friend the other day and said "here, a friend did this same thing (in regards to your 40 service for 40 years) and she said 'I read her blog, that's so cool you know her!'" So then I had to admit that I don't actually KNOW you but that I've been reading your blog so long you had 2 babies and 2 missionaries. LOL I never comment anymore, it's been years I'm sure, but when I'm catching up on blogs yours is always on my list. -mom-not-mum aka Sandy

Mom not Mum (Sandy) said...

See, it's been so long I don't even know which account to sign in with.

Gerb said...

Sandy! It has been a long time but I totally remember you commenting back when you lived overseas for a time. It does kind of feel like we know each other, doesn't it? Thanks so much for commenting again!