Thursday, April 24, 2014

Colorado Trip

Last month I got to take a little road trip with some of my favorite neighbors across the street to spend some time with one of my favoritest neighbors across the street, Ashley.  My friend Ashley is graduating from college in a couple of months and then she's going to serve a mission for our church in Poland for 18 months.  I was so honored to get to be there with her as she went through the temple for the first time, in Monticello.
 Lots of neighbor love right here.
 
That same night, and again the next day, we got to explore Ashley's college town in Colorado.  There were all sorts of fun things for sale in the little shops downtown.
 

But the most fun of the whole trip was seeing Ashley in her element - on the basketball court!  I've been promising her I'd come see her play for all four years that she's been there but never had the chance to make it there.  So her Senior Night seemed like the perfect day to cheer her on.

I love my favorite across the street neighbors!

We are some of Ashley's biggest fans, so we were super excited to make posters and cheer for her like crazy folk.


I can't remember the last time I took a trip like this.  It was well worth it!  I loved spending time with friends, talking with Ashley over waffles with strawberries and whipped cream about the individual ways God speaks to each of us (I think about that conversation all the time and see examples of it so often!) and making awesome new friends (hey there Holley and Maria!).  I stayed in the homes of people that I didn't know who fed me, gave me my own bed and welcomed me like an old friend.

I also had a blast letting Towel Guy know how appreciated he was at Ashley's final home game, but that needs a post all in itself.



4 comments:

Chelle! said...

I am so glad that you had a great time. I know that you were cherished and loved. I am glad that I got to witness that beautiful smile of yours. You truly are an amazing friend to them.

Petersons said...

I served my mission in Colorado. Which town is it? What a fun adventure!

Gerb said...

Michelle- It was great to see you there too!

Jerri- Durango. Where did you serve?

Petersons said...

Denver North. So Durango was not in my mission but I served in a college town that I loved.