Friday, April 6, 2012

Spring Break

Over the past week the spring weather has been gorgeous. The kids have been playing in the backyard until the sun goes down. ElemenoB sits on the lawn to do her homework. I've enjoyed some long walks and even took the littlest kids to the park one day so we could all just soak in the sunshine.
The littlest ones and I were looking forward to a picnic lunch at a park within walking distance later this afternoon.

But then, at about 6:40 this morning, Mother Nature decided to bring us some of this:


If April showers bring May flowers, what does April snow bring?

A typical finicky Utah spring.

6 comments:

Rachel said...

April showers bring May flowers
April snow brings May a big blow.

Hahahahaha! I crack myself up.... not really.

Lori said...

Got to love it!

Rebecca said...

You just have to laugh, otherwise you (I) might cry! The best thing about Spring snow is that it melts away quickly!!!

mommeeof10 said...

We have normal spring weather now, after a few weeks of mid 70's to low 80's. Talk about a shock to your system, going from leave the windows open at night for ventilation to close the windows and keep the woodstove going in a 48 hour period.

Chelle! said...

I couldn't believe my eyes...I had left for the gym at 5:30...beautiful weather. I walked out of the gym and it was a blizzard outside. I couldn't believe it.

Petersons Blog Spot said...

It's doing that up here too :(