Monday, February 14, 2011

Marvelous Mini Cheesecakes

This whole week you can leave me a comment on this post and you're guaranteed an answer! Some answers will be left in the comments, some will be answered as a post. What are you waiting for? Go ask me a question!

This post is in response to Erica's question from yesterday: What is your most favorite dessert recipe?

Erica, that changes frequently, but lately these little tasties are what I have been craving:


They are quick, easy, versatile and fantastic! In fact, they would make a great treat to share with your Valentines tonight. My favorite way to enjoy them is topped with chocolate and fresh fruit.

Enjoy!

Marvelous Mini Cheesecakes

12 vanilla wafers*
2 8-oz. pkgs. cream cheese (softened)
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs

Line a muffin tin with liners. (Paper liners work, but foil ones look fancier & open easier.) Place one vanilla wafer in each liner. Mix cream cheese, vanilla and sugar at medium speed until well blended. (It blends best when the cream cheese is not cold.) Add eggs to cream cheese mixture and blend well. Pour mixture over vanilla wafers, filling each liner about 3/4 full.

Bake for 25 minutes at 325 degrees. Remove from pan when cool then refrigerate.

Top each mini cheesecake with fresh fruit, pie filling, chocolate, nuts, crushed candy bars - whatever floats your boat!

*Another way to make the crusts is to crush 24 vanilla wafers (or 6 whole graham crackers or 9 Oreos) and put a couple of tablespoons of the crushed goodness into the bottom of the liners.

(This recipe only makes 12 cheesecakes so you might want to double it. I'm just sayin'.)

6 comments:

Broughton said...

Thanks Gerb! Definitely will be trying those!!!

~j. said...

Is this the dessert you sent to the dinner in January?

Connie said...

Dessert looks good! With the fruit on top, it's got to be good for you too, right?
As for your picture of your foot; are you sure that's not someone else's foot? So sorry! It's going to get better, after all it's only been...almost 2 months!
I've been reading the comments from last post with the questions. Just have to tell you that when I was pregnant with my 7th, a total stranger came up to me and asked me if I was having my 2nd baby. I told her it was my 7th and she said, with great force, "Shame.On.YOU!!!" She said it twice and I asked her why. She said that there's no way I could take care of that many kids. I told her I did just fine and walked away from her.
Isn't it a blessing to have older children to help with the younger ones, especially now! Hang in there and take care. I can't think of a question right now but it will come.

Richard & Natalie said...

Yummy! Yummy! I will definitely have to try these.

Gerb said...

~j.- This is those. You like?

Today's Gift said...

I agree, Gerb! These are delicious. I made them for a fourth of July potluck with cherries and blueberries and I should have brought more...they disappeared so fast!