Tuesday, February 26, 2008

It's All Worth It

Some days I think I am pretty stinky when it comes to mothering. Especially when I am pregnant and feisty (not a good combination). These are the days that my evening prayers include tearful pleas that my kids will all turn out fine and not need years of counseling when they are grown.

I seem to have been having many of those days lately. Sending myself to my room seems to help some, as do rewards for good behavior (like cream puffs and chocolate) but I still feel terrible that they have to endure me.

Today I received confirmation that I may not be as bad as I often think:


This little unexpected love note was just what I needed today. It's things like this that make motherhood all worth it.

P.S. Is it bad that I was so excited about the "You look good" ?

4 comments:

laura said...

Oh, it's so good to know that you feel that way too. I thought you were a perfect mother.

Cami said...

I think that all moms feel that way. At least, I hope they do, because if they don't...

P.S. I think you look good too!

Michelle said...

WOW!!! Don't you just love those sweet notes. I received one on valentines--just a cute little valentine and sugar cookies and candy from someone who has been a delight getting to know. GERB!! THANKS!!! Thanks for all the little rays of sunshine you bring in to my life. I think that you are the BEST!!!

Mom not Mum said...

LOL That is a fantastic note - I loved the "you look good" part.