Monday, July 16, 2007

Did Someone Say BIRTHDAY?

This is my adorable nephew, J. He had a birthday party last Saturday. J's parents, my brother Chip and his wife Becky, don't know how to throw a simple party. They only throw **WOO-HOO!!! TIME FOR A PAR-TAY!!!** parties. Let me explain what I mean.
This was a birthday party with a carnival theme. Chip made the hotdogs.
And the snow cones.
There was a Tin Can Alley.
And a Bullseye Booth.
And a Ring Toss.
And a Face Painting Station. (run by yours truly)

And other booths not pictured here, like Fishing and Penny Toss and Throw-the-Ping-Pong-Balls-into-the-Bowls-in-the-Kiddie-Pool.
There was a carnival-decorated cake created by Becky's sister, Diane.
There was a teeter-totter instead of a ferris wheel.
(I am thinking they couldn't find a ferris wheel, but they probably tried.)
The food was enjoyed by all.
The big kids helped run the booths. And eat the food.
There were cute smiles all around.



Don't you wish you were invited?

Maybe, if you're lucky, you'll be invited to one of my kids' birthday parties.

The kind where I make a cake with whatever is in the pantry and top it with powdered sugar because I forgot to get frosting and there's a huge decorative candle in the middle because I didn't get the cute little birthday ones.

And we play games like "Build Something With Legos" and "Hot Potato". (If I remember the potato).

Like I said, if you're lucky.

4 comments:

Cami said...

So, they sure know how to throw a party! Makes me wish I went all out for my kids' parties. Then, I actually think about it, and your way is MUCH easier!

By the way...how many kids does your brother have?

Gina said...

What a party. I'll try not to keep that in mind so that I don't feel so bad with my next party. AND...Hey Chip! How are you? Missing the old school days with all of the old school terps.

Rebecca said...

It's always a PAR-TAY when Gerb's in the house! ;) What more could anyone want?!

Annette said...

Hey! I finally read all of your blogs!!!(Note the hour.) I LOVE each and every one of them! You are so amazing- in everything you do- and writing is definitely one of them. There is one blog missing, however: Where's the one on Alan, Sr.??? (The "who's the couple, here?" comment from him made me LOL :) ) Thank you for sharing your wonderful one-of-a-kind journal/life commentary with me! -Annette