Friday, April 15, 2016

For Chip

Hey, friends.

Sorry I've been so neglectful over here on my little spot in the blogospere. Having older children that move out of the house, get married, go on missions for our church, none of that makes life easier. Just different. And having almost all of my children in school somehow doesn't free up a lot of time for me, either. It just gives me more time to run errands without 'assistants'. Once all the kids are home from school it's all about homework and snacks and meal preparations and getting people to lessons and scouts and whatnot. So, we're all busy, right? I'm sure you understand.

All that being said, THIS is something I wanted to take the time to post about.

You've probably all heard me talk about my brother, Chip and how awesome and amazing and kind and selfless and fun he is. If you haven't, all of the above is true. To make a long story way too short, I put together a fundraiser for him and his family. There are more details on the fundraiser page, found here: https://www.youcaring.com/chip-royce-554476


My hope is that this fundraiser will provide some needed relief for Chip as he tends to his son Jaiden's full-time care and therapy while the two of them are living in Florida over the next few months. If you don't know his story, Jaiden endured some terrible abuse as an infant. He was removed from his home and Chip and his wife Becky fostered and then adopted Jaiden, starting at 10 months old. As a result of some of the abuse the growth plates in Jaiden's left femur stopped functioning. He is having his final leg-lengthening surgery and procedures in Florida to compensate for the lack of growth. (If you go to the link, I explain it better there.) 



  

If you can help at all, you are awesome! And thank you ever so much. If all you can give are your prayers and love, you are awesome! And thank you ever so much. Also, if you know anyone you can share this with, please pass it along.

Thanks for reading this whole post. If you have any questions about any of it, ask away!



1 comment:

Linn said...

This is wonderful--thanks for the privilege!