Saturday, October 31, 2015

Halloween 2015

This year's Halloween costumes started off with All-a-Boy getting asked to the Halloween dance. He and his date decided to dress up as Peter Pan and Wendy. I didn't want to have to make too many costumes this year so I decided we would just rent him one from a local theater or costume company. The day before the dance we went to three different places to try on costumes and guess what? None of them worked. One was much too large, one had women's tights as the "pants" and a zigzag stitch across the chest to repair a tear, and the other was too much money for not much of a costume. So I headed to the thrift store and found some brown pants and a large green t-shirt. Then I got some felt to make a hat. A few hours later and: voilĂ ! Peter Pan.  



Every year for the last few years Princess has asked if she can be a trash can or a sleeping bag. I keep telling her that those are inanimate objects, not necessarily costumes, and she has found other things to be. This year, she said she wanted to be a kangaroo. Two days later Amazon delivered this cute and comfy costume...




Curly wanted to be Hermione Granger. She's so cute I can hardly stand it.


Cowgirl always knows waaaay ahead of time who she wants to be for Halloween. This year it was Darla from Finding Nemo. It came together really well! The hardest part was finding the logo for her sweater and making her headgear.   



Hubba chose to be a Jedi again, which I was thrilled about since I made this costume a few years ago and it still fits him.

And Little O wore Hubba's Fix It Felix costume from last year. 


Then there's this little yay-hoo. He looked through the costume box and found parts of a lion costume and parts of a fireman costume. He says he's a "firefighter lion-tiger because it's not a lion because it has no mane". Perfect.

I'm not sure I can even begin to tell you how much I love these two and their costume choice. I was so glad they stopped by to say hello yesterday! Seriously, have you ever seen a cuter couples costume? They are practically perfect in every way. The cutest Bert and Mary Poppins I have ever seen.

Elle was invited to a Halloween party the day of and needed to figure out a quick costume. This is why I keep everything. Since she already had the perfect spectacles for the job, she pulled off the Waldo costume effortlessly.  


Allen had his black afro from last year so I found him a plaid suit coat and some polyester pants from a couple of my favorite thrift stores and he was a believable 70's guy. But I didn't get a picture, dang it. Sorry.

This was one of the first years that I didn't really dress up. It was kind of sad, to tell you the truth. But I was so busy getting the kids costumes together that by the time we left for our neighborhood Halloween party it was all I could do to grab a pair of prop glasses and a bag of books and tell everyone I was a librarian. I don't wear glasses normally, but apparently nobody thought anything of it. I'll come back in a big way next year.