Monday, March 23, 2015

Quick Quips

 

Me: Little X, you need to do your jobs.
X: Hey, Mom?
Me: Yeah?
X: Zip it, lock it, put it in your pocket.
Me: (surprised) What is that supposed to mean?
X: Dat's what peoples say when you need to stop talking. Like about jobs.

I often tell Little X that he needs to get ready to go run errands. One day he came up from his room dressed like this:
And told me, "Dis is my SPY GUY clothes. I will be super sneaky and look at peoples wif the binawkillers."

And another time he was sporting this lion costume:
He said he needed to wear it so he could eat the bad guys at the store. A man at the bank said, "Cool lion costume!" and he responded, "I am not a lion. I am a boy wearing lion clothes. So please don't take me to the zoo."

Hubba: Mom, do you happen to have any dry ice?
Me: Not normally. Why?
Hubba: I have an idea that involves dry ice. That's all I'm saying.

One morning Little O noticed a gorgeous sunrise and got everyone to come look at it. Then, realizing that some of the family were already gone to school (or not living at home) he said, "I wish our whole family could be here to share this beautiful moment! Doesn't this sunrise just make your heart feel happy?"

Hubba: Mom, do you happen to have any liquid nitrogen?
Me: No. I never have liquid nitrogen.
Hubba: Well, that's boring.

2 comments:

Petersons said...

I love how little kids can get away with wearing whatever they want to wear. Doesn't seem fair!

Anaise said...

I totally want to know what Hubba is trying to make . . .