Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Whole-Hearted

photo from here

I went in for my TEE test yesterday.  They gave me some milk-of-amnesia kind of sedation, took some good pictures of my heart and found... nothing.  I mean, I have a heart!  But it's healthy.  As in: there is no hole!

Yes, you read that right.  I do not have a hole in my heart.  A couple of weeks ago they found one.  But yesterday it wasn't there anymore.  How do you explain this strange phenomenon?  Perhaps the initial bubble study they did was misleading?  I don't know.  All I know is that I have a healthy heart and one less worry.  If this is the work of a miracle that has occurred due to your prayers and positive thoughts on my behalf, I am indescribably grateful!  Whatever the reason, I do not have a hole in my heart and I am breathing a huge sigh of relief at this news.

So, now I'm back to square one.  What caused the stroke-like symptoms a couple of weeks back if my heart is fine?  I will be visiting a neurologist next week in hopes that we can figure it out.

Until then, thank you so much for your love and concern.  It means the world to me that I have such awesome friends and family.  Thank you for the phone calls, the emails, the comments, the prayers and worrying and good karma and everything.

Seriously, THANK YOU.

11 comments:

GaeLynn said...

Yay!!!! Wish I could say the same thing for Dan's heart.

cari said...

Oh my goodness! I'm just catching up on reading my favorite blogs and I just read your previous post. Thank heavens you are healed and healthy! What a scary thing to go through! I'm so glad to hear you are well!

Brown Thumb Mama said...

Yahoooo! Now that your heart is intact, we just need to make sure there are no holes in your brain! ;o)

Jenny Waddell said...

Yippy skippy!

Richard & Natalie said...

Makes my heart really happy to read this! Such great news, but baffling at the same time. Can't wait to hear the Neurologist's take on things.

Anaise said...

This is good news . . . and perplexing, too. What's the deal with the symptoms? Here's hoping that more good news follows this miracle!

Petersons Blog Spot said...

Happy to hear your good news!

Rachel said...

Oh my heck!!!!! This is what I get for being away from blogland for so long. I had no idea this was going on in your life!!!!

I am so glad the tests have come back so positive. I can't imagine what you've gone through in the meantime.......

Susie-Q said...

I'm glad that your heart is okay. I hope the rest of you is okay too!! I found a website and thought of you. happysocks.com. :)

Maleen said...

Good news! Especially since I heart you.

Lori said...

Okay, so I am a little tardy in catching up...sorry, Gerb! I am so thankful for your health, sweet lady. God knew how very much you are loved and needed, and He healed you. He is the Great Physician. Take care of yourself...and next time do not delay going to the doctor! Goose.