Monday, July 30, 2012

Three and a Half Weeks

Our happy missionary son.

Shopping, shopping, shopping.
Farewell talk.
Open house.
MTC.
Write letters.
Send packages.
Check email all day, every day for 6 days.
Finally: P-day.
16th birthday.
Youth Conference.
Surprise un-birthday tea party with cousins.

Family reunion #1.
Family in town.
Wedding.
The Original Family on Allen's side - every sibling came!
Court of Honor.
Dissertation. (He passed! GO JOHN!)
Wedding reception.
Funeral.
Work party.
Wicked!
Family reunion #2.

Talk about a whole range of emotions all compacted into a relatively short period of time.  I'm still on a roller coaster, and it's not over yet.  Once things feel a little more normal again, I'll be around blogland a bit more.

If anyone is interested in reading the letters that Allen the Younger sends home from his mission, I have a blog for that.  Every Tuesday is his P-day (Preparation Day, the one day he has each week to get prepared for the rest of the week.)  This means he does laundry, writes letters, and I'm not sure what else, so new letters are posted weekly - as well as pictures when he sends them.

What have YOU been up to?

Enjoy what's left of your summer!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Pretty dang close (minus the missionary) to how your summer is going. I'm still waiting for 'my' summer to begin......

But then that would have to be after youth conf. and then..... it's time for The Native's to go back to school and by then I'm sure I'll be having an emotional melt down.