Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Chocolate Makes Everything Better

I worry much too much. I know it is not good for me but I just can not help myself sometimes. Some things worry me so much that I turn into a weepy beast which spews words from its mouth before thinking them through. I have no explanation for this behavior, I only know that worry exacerbates my emotions and turns me into an unthinking, unrealistic monster.

A couple of days ago, the worry monster surfaced and my poor family had to suffer her wrath. I promptly ordered myself to take two chocolates and go to bed.

I pulled out the bag of Dove Chocolates with Almonds that were gifted to me at camp last week and unwrapped the first morsel. As is standard, I read the message printed inside the wrapper as I popped the goodness into my mouth:


As it turns out, I didn't need the second chocolate. I only needed the message of the first (and some time to do some research... and some good, solid sleep).

Thank you Susan of New York, NY. You are so right.

No comments: