Monday, August 20, 2007

Lucky Number 13

Here they are, the newest married couple in the family, Rachel and Jeremy.

I have had many ideas for blog posts rolling around in my head over the last couple weeks, and one idea was to write about the remarkable family that I was lucky enough to marry into. That post is coming soon, but I will give you a small teaser for now and mention that my handsome husband has 15 siblings. Add him to the mix and, that's right, 16 kids. Rachel is #13 and easily one of my favorites. Don't get me wrong, I love them all, but there's something about this girl that just makes me a happier person. As you can see, she is gorgeous, but the best part is that the whole person is beautiful - not just the outer appearance.

A fun fact: Jeremy is the oldest boy in his family and Rachel is the youngest girl in her family.

Congratulations, Rachel and Jeremy! Thanks for letting us be a part of all the fun.


(When children enter the picture, remember that there are not many other Gerbertas around. And it's a good name.)

4 comments:

Cami said...

Congratulations to the newlyweds. Any family with you in it must be a wonderful family. Why aren't we family? Oh, yeah, I'm already married.

Hey, how about Herbie and Andie?!? If it happens I would already love her in-laws! :)

Rebecca said...

Rachel may be lucky #13, but Allen fits the "First is the Worst, Second is the Best" rhyme pretty accurately, eh? ;) Still expecting a post about that swell man of yours, Gerb.

So, is Jeremy the guy that served his mission in Everett, Wa, or am I mixing up the siblings?

Anyhow, Cami, Andie will have some tough competition if she wants to marry Herbie, since he's already betrothed to my daughter, Hannah. They may not be any sort of lucky number in our families, but they were both born on the 28th, one month apart, and they both have the power of their first name initial, "H". :)

Cami said...

Rebecca, don't count your chickens before they hatch. In 2 months Andie will be in nursery with Herbie, and then it will all be history. They will fall madly in love, and you know the rest! :)

Cami said...

Gerb, I MISS YOU!!!! (Yes this comment NEEDED the 4 exclamation points.) We need to get together and go to Doughnut World or something soon! How about some rootbeer floats?