UPDATED January 2015: How did we do? I put a line through the ones we actually completed. It was a busy month, but even the small acts of service we did added to the spirit of the season.
2. Donate some food to the food bank
7. Do a "trash walk" and pick up garbage in the neighborhood
9. Leave quarters in candy machines at the mall
10. Donate books to the school library
11. Give someone poinsettias
12. Give a homeless person a blanket
13. Leave compliments for people all over town and
give 3 honest compliments to strangers
14. Leave anonymous treats for teachers in the faculty break room
15. Decorate bags for Sack Suppers (https://kidsfoodbasket.worldsecuresystems.com/donate/sack-decorating)
17. Donate DVDs we no longer watch to KidFlix (or donate them to the pediatric unit of our local hospital if there is a need) http://www.kidflicks.org/donate/
18. Donate gently used stuffed animals to S.A.F.E. (or the local police or fire station if they are needed) http://www.stuffedanimalsforemergencies.org/Where_to_Donate.html
23. Leave a ziplock bag with quarters in it taped to hospital vending machines
The kids are so excited to get started! Almost as excited as I am.