Thursday, November 20, 2014

Quick Quips


Little X: Look, Mom! I see Mowoni! And he's on the temp-o!
Me: Yeah, isn't it beautiful?
Little X: Yeah! And when I get bigger and bigger I will marry you at the temp-o.
Me: Someday you'll meet a really nice and beautiful girl that you will love very much and you will marry her in the temple. But I'm your mom, sweetheart, so you can't marry me.
Little X: But you are a willy nice and butiful girl. And I DO love you vewy much!
Me: (heart melted) I love you, too.


Me: So, O, your music teacher called me today. And it sounds like you were being pretty disrespectful in class. You want to tell me what happened?
Little O: (looking nervous) I don't really remember.
Me: I think you do, and I need you to tell me why you were behaving that way.
Little O: I got put in time out.
Me: I know. But why? What were you doing?
Little O: Bad stuff.
Me: Why? You aren't usually like that, O.
Little O: Um, I don't really remember.
Me: Come on, O. You remember. Tell me the truth.
Little O: SIGH. I was trying to make someone laugh. A girl.
Me: (hiding my laughter) Oh, Little O. Life is not all about girls.


Little X: (singing as he plays with Legos) 
There was a horse on a farm, E-I-E-I-Ho.
There was a 'nother horse on a farm, E-I-E-I-Ho.
There was a owl on a farm, E-I-E-I-Ho.
There was a baby on a farm, E-I-E-I-Ho.
But the baby should be in a house, E-I-E-I-Ho.


All-a-Boy came home from school with this taped to his shirt:
Need a closer look?
He saw it on a pizza box at lunch time and just couldn't resist.

3 comments:

Mindy said...

Gerb,
I love that you share these quick quips. They always make me smile and bring a lift to my day. Thanks! :)

Anaise said...

I'm awake, fighting a headache that won't let me sleep. These helped. :)

Connie said...

This post made me chuckle. Have a great day!