Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Twenty Awesome Years


Twenty years sounds like such a looooong time.  I can remember when I turned twenty years old, and the time it took to get there seemed endless.  Now I've been married to Allen for just as long as I didn't know him beforehand.  Lucky me!

Twenty years ago this morning I had a slight headache after waging a minor war with my little brother throughout the night regarding whether or not we should keep the window open in the room we were sharing at the Yardley Inn. Me: But I'm getting married tomorrow!  Can't we keep it shut?  Chip: How can you not appreciate this clean, fresh air?  It's good for you!  Me: (thinking) I'll wait until he's asleep and close it. Chip: (thinking) I'll wait until she's asleep and open it. 

My family arrived at the Manti Temple (where we were getting married) well in advance of Allen's family and I had a short window of time where I thought he may have changed his mind.  My worries dissolved when I saw him walk in, and here we are today.  Twenty years later.

If you enjoy cutesy photos and sappy love songs, this is the video for you.  But really, it's for Allen.


 

Happy 20th anniversary, Hon!  Thanks for sticking around - forever's looking pretty good on us.

13 comments:

Rebecca said...

Why does this make me cry? I don't know. Except I'm a sucker for cheesey love songs and photos. So many of those pictures seem so familiar and not so long ago to me! I love you both, and I'm thrilled that you found each other and tied the knot 20 years ago!

Rachel said...

Happy Anniversary you two beautiful people!!

I won't hold it against you that 20 years ago I wanted to be married in the Manti temple but had to settle for Idaho Falls.

We all know the wedding is about the bride's mother....... :D

Cami said...

Congratulations to two of my favorite people! 20 years looks great on you two! Love and miss you tons!

GaeLynn said...

Happy Anniversary! Yes, you are awesome...not just kind of! :)

Holmes said...

I loved the video and counting heads each time a new family picture popped up! You have such a beautiful family and very lucky (blessed!) children and husband. I'm so happy I can say "I knew her when..."! But I won't go there ;) Love you!

Broughton said...

Happy Anniversary!!!! That was a great video! I hope 20 years looks as good on us as it does on you two!!!

Chelle! said...

Aw...you just made me cry. Happy Anniversary!

Brown Thumb Mama said...

Love, love, love. You aren't kind of awesome, you ARE awesome!

Mindy said...

I loved it Gerb. To see your family growing through the years and to witness the continuing love between the two of you is truly awesome.

Petersons Blog Spot said...

My husband had some of those hairstyles Allen did in the early pictures. Now that is awesome!

Congratulations!

A Lark said...

I can't imagine when you had time to do this, but it was wonderful! Thanks for sharing. You and Allen & your family are an inspiration to the rest of us. (:

Shellie said...

Love all the photos! I predict the next 20 will be even better!

Unknown said...

You are awesome. Do you age? You look great!! Such a beautiful and inspiring family. I want my mom and sisters to meet you someday.