Friday, July 10, 2015

The Power of Words


In the last couple of weeks I have noticed quite a bit of graffiti showing up around our neighborhood. But nothing bothered me more than the offensive word spray painted on the overpass near our home. Every time I drove past I would see it and wonder when it would be painted over so I wouldn't have to see it any longer.

Today I was at the Dollar Store and saw some motivational posters and duct tape. I called the city to make sure it was OK to cover up the foul language with some more positive words and they gave me the thumbs up.

I kind of love the new look.

4 comments:

Richard & Natalie said...

You. Are. Awesome. Just another one of the many reasons to love you.
Way to be the needed change in the world.

Brenna said...

Awesome! What a good idea!

stephanie said...

That's so cool!!!
And you don't only think it, you also do it!
Super!

stephanie

Anaise said...

That is the best outside-of-the-box thinking I've seen in a long time. :)