Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Mother's Day 2016

Mother's Day was one of my favorite Sundays this year, mostly because Allen didn't have to go to church early or stay late. He made me breakfast AND dinner, plus all of the women were treated to a luncheon at church. Elle made some homemade bread to go with dinner as well as a Boston Cream cake for dessert. Which means I got to eat food I didn't make ALL DAY. I loved that. I can't remember the last time that has happened.

The kids all made cards for their moms in the children's primary class at church and since I have 4 kids in Primary, I got 4 cards. Hubba drew me a cool rocket ship. Little X's got sat on, so the Reeses Peanut Butter Cup in the middle of his sun was a little melty and flat. But here's what I got from Curly:

And from Little O:
(Pretty sure he doesn't have another mom.)

I also got to talk on the phone with Julia (my adorable sister missionary daughter)! She tried to skype with us, so we got to see her for a few minutes, but the screen kept freezing up and the connection kept dropping, so we ultimately resorted to the telephone, and it was awesome. She is doing great and loving what she's doing.

Allen and Kia also skyped in from Texas, where they are living for the summer while he does an internship there. 

So, yeah, it was pretty grand. 

1 comment:

Anaise said...

Curly's card is my favorite.

I got some chocolate from one of my primary kids, and she excitedly told me that her teacher said I would share with her. When I did so, she went and got the rest of the littles and said, "Mom is sharing her chocolate. My primary teacher said she would. You can come get some."

I so wonder what that primary teacher actually said. :)