Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Random Kindness


This happened over a year ago, but I was transferring some pictures off of my camera and found this one and had to write about it.

When we were in California for Spring Break, Julia and my mother-in-law and I were searching the thrift stores in hopes of finding some possibilities for a prom dress. As we searched through the racks at one store a woman, I think her name was Lorena, started a conversation with me about how great it was to get dresses at the thrift stores instead of paying full price for one. She asked if Julia was trying to find a prom dress and offered the dresses she had at home, from when her daughters were in high school. We exchanged phone numbers and met up later, close to her home, to pick up the dresses.

There were well over 20 dresses that she gave us. Here we were, total strangers from out of state, and she was more than happy to share what she no longer needed. She insisted that Julia take ALL of the dresses, not just one or two, and share them with her friends at home.

People like Lorena make me happy.

1 comment:

Anaise said...

People can be so good, cant' they?

I'm horrified by unkindness, but then the goodness can be so incredibly sweet.