Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Autumn Leaves


Over fall break I took some of the kids up the canyon so we could get outdoors and enjoy the colorful leaves and perfect weather that come with the change of seasons at this time of year.


The almost glowing brightness of the aspen trees was seriously breathtaking. I kept wanting to pull over and take pictures because around every bend was another burst of color. I fought the urge to load a bunch of the fallen leaves into the back of our suburban to scatter around our yard at home.


When we arrived at Cascade Springs we were surprised to see how crowded the parking lot was! Everyone was out enjoying the colors and the crisp air. We were a little disappointed to find that half of the trail was closed for repairs, but the boardwalks were open so we explored for a while, took a couple of pictures and then headed toward another canyon to take in the vibrant views there as well.



I love living in a place with changing seasons and autumn is by far my favorite of them all.

I don't know if it's because it's my favorite time of year that it seems to be so short, just a beautifully orchestrated colorful afterthought sandwiched between summer and winter. It's confusing at times with the heater kicking on in the early hours of the morning but welcoming that same crisp air into our home through open windows later in the day. Yet every year, before I realize what's happening, the winter cold creeps in and autumn... leaves.



We're going to enjoy the beauty of the earth in autumn and this awesome weather while we can.

No comments: