Monday, February 25, 2013

The Best Chocolate

I have been on a kind of self-appointed mission over the past several months.  My purpose?  To discover the best blend of chocolate and almonds in a candy bar.  It has been hard work sampling so many varieties of chocolate but I was totally willing to take one for the team in order to share my findings with you.  No one deserves to live their life thinking that the Hersheys with Almonds at the checkout is their only choice.

My favorites evolved throughout the testing process but it ultimately came down to one clear winner.

Are you ready for this?  It could change your life.

The winner is...

 Chocolove's Almonds & Sea Salt in Dark Chocolate. 

I wasn't a huge fan of dark chocolate originally.  Whenever I got a miniature Hershey's Dark in my loot sack on Halloween it was quickly traded off in a package deal with the Lemon Flavored Tootsie Rolls.  But I guess that my taste has changed (evolved?) as I've gotten older because most milk chocolate is just too sweet for me anymore.  However, I find that a lot of dark chocolate is too bitter.  So where's the balance?

Here, in this bar.  That's where it is.

I don't know if it's because it's Belgian chocolate or what but this bar is the perfect blend of subtly salty and just enough sweet - plus almonds, which are my favorite. 

Maybe you're thinking, "Gerb, dark chocolate?  Seriously?"  Well, my friend, I have found your new favorite, too.  If you aren't even willing to try the perfection of Chocolove's bar because of its 55% cocoa content then this is the milk chocolate candy you're looking for:
Neither of these candy bar makers are giving me anything to share my findings with you.  All I'm getting out of this is the warm feeling in my heart knowing that I've helped you discover your new favorite candy bar.  

You are SO welcome!

Now that I've found perfection in a chocolate bar I'm not sure what to look for next.  Any suggestions?     



6 comments:

Malinda said...

Now I just have to try some almonds and sea salt in dark chocolate. Where did you buy it?

Sarise Black said...

Yummmmmmm-O! Sounds like a winner to me!! We are fans of dark chocolate over here, and adding nuts of any kind make it better. If I ever see one of those it will be put into my shopping cart.

Rachel said...

Uh! Yeah!!! The perfect chocolate ice cream......the perfect chocolate lip glosss......the perfect chocolate ice cream topping.......the perfect chocolate spread.... the perfect chocolate to go into a chocolate fountain.......the perfect chocolate windshield wipers.....the perfect chocolate t-shirt....the perfect chocolate yarn for me to knit with....... the possibilities are endless!!!!

P.S. I can't believe you've tried a chocolate I haven't! Where do you get one of those? I am hiding under the piano in shame that there is a chocolate bar out there THAT I DON'T KNOW ABOUT??? I mean.. what I mean to say is...... Malinda would like to know where to buy it?

Gerb said...

I find mine at the Good Earth store. I know you can also order them online in case you don't have a Good Earth nearby. And you will not regret it! In fact, all of the Chocolove candy bars are pretty amazing. They have all sorts of flavor combinations you would not think of. Mmmm-mmm!

Petersons Blog Spot said...

I am going to Paris in a month so maybe I might find something to challenge your findings? However, I'd better do my own research as well.

Rachel, you are a genius with all of your suggestions. I'm not sure what I'd prefer more, the windshield wipers or yarn...

Rebecca said...

If you ever find the perfect Blueberry Muffin recipe, please share. I haven't found it yet.