My friend Michelle issued a challenge to blog everyday in November, and I did it. I DID IT! It's a funny thing, but when I am forced to write every day it actually triggers some sort of thinking mechanism that makes it easier to come up with things to write about by the end of the month.
Here are the final 6 things I am thankful for - one for each day of this month.
25. Words! And the ability to speak and write them in some coherent fashion. The more words I've got in my arsenal, the easier it is to say what I'm trying to say.
26. The grocery store and the truckers who bring the stuff there and the people who sell it to the companies that ship it through the truckers who bring it to my grocery store. Then all I have to do is hop in my car and buy it. I bet the pioneers would have thought that was awesome. Or lazy.
27. Christmas spirit. It brings out the best in (most) people and makes good things happen.
28. My kids' friends. They are good kids who come from good families. I'm thankful for them - and I like them. Really.
29. Inspiration. From books, talks, friends, family, songs, church leaders, quotes, etc. It helps keep me going in the right direction. It brings me encouragement, peace and happiness.
30. American Sign Language. If you don't know it, you should. It is an amazingly expressive language that comes in handy more than you'd think. If you do know ASL, the title of this blog post was for you. Isn't the picture that goes with it perfect?
I am also thankful for people who read my blog. It's nice to know that people like what I have to say enough to come back for more. Thanks, friends!