Thanks for understanding.
10 years ago I…
was coming to the realization that it would be okay to have another baby. Our third child was born in 1996 with cranial synostosis, meaning one side of her skull was prematurely fused and required major invasive surgery at 8 months old to be corrected. It broke my heart to see that sweet, happy little baby have to endure such pain. She then had problems with her eyes as a result of the cranial synostosis which required many eye surgeries. I didn't think I could handle watching another child go through anything like that. By 1998 she was such a cute, spunky little thing that I thought another child (or 6 or 7) might not be so bad. And I was right!
5 things on my to-do list for today…
1) Do at least 3 loads of laundry
2) Make 6 loaves of bread
3) Call around for prices on a replacement ball joint for the suburban
4) Plan tonight's family home evening
5) Look through the bin of Baby Boy Clothes and make sure:
a. there are enough clothing items to get through the first 6 months
b. there is an outfit suitable to bring the baby home in
c. above mentioned items are freshly laundered and free of large stains
Snacks I enjoy…
- Fresh fruit (pineapple, crisp apples, strawberries and kiwi are favorites right now)
- Chips and chunky (mild) salsa or homemade bean dip
- Bakery-fresh donuts (Krispy Kreme doesn't count, more sugar than donut there)
- Quality chocolate
- Baked goods (brownies, cookies, cupcakes, muffins, etc.)
3 Bad Habits…
- procrastination, mostly with house cleaning
- over-indulgence (see Snacks I Enjoy, above)
- late dinners (see bad habit #1)
5 things people don’t know about me…
- I love old & unique buttons. They are so fun to look through!
- I have to buy jeans in long lengths (34" inseam) even though I am only 5'7". This is a problem when I am pregnant, so please be forgiving of my flood-ready styles.
- I got myself some new socks for my birthday.
- I was miraculously accepted to Rick's College (now BYU-Idaho) but could not attend because my mom used the tuition money on a new Ford Mustang. Priorities, you know.
- No comment. I am not a very private person, so I couldn't think of anything else. Anyone want to answer this one for me?